at APN Software Services Inc. in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job Description for Quality Control Laboratory Technician 4 Microbiology
Position Overview /Responsibilities
The technician will be responsible for activities related to manufacturing testing within the Quality Control Organization. Functions and responsibilities may include and are not limited to:
• Perform Microbiological related tests.
• Performs complex quantitative and qualitative Microbiological analyses, including sampling, testing, and measuring using a Spiral Plater, Biolog identification system, filtration manifold, SAS Air Samplers, autoclave and water testing devices.
• Proficient in aseptic/sterile technique.
• Tests/collects water samples and other environmental samplers by walking to various testing points in different buildings.
• Compiles, analyzes, and interprets test data.
• Perform/report analysis of data in MS excel.
• Enters data into internal software and generates and delivers documents as required.
• Maintains instrument logs.
• Ability to follow protocols and schedules.
• Performs troubleshooting on Microbiological related systems.
• Additional Areas
• May participate in projects associated with new product development, production support, reference materials.
• Interacts with others: inside/outside work group, process personnel across functions, scientists, engineers and management.
• Potential to work independently on projects which includes defining tasks, setting priorities and planning materials.
• Flexible to work overtime and/or irregular work hours as needed.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
Knowledge and skills of a technical or specialty area, with 3-5 years of experience including but not limited to the following:
• Understands the quality management system and ensures that their area complies with FDA, QSR, ISO and IVDD standards.
• Familiar with GMP, GLP, and GDP processes.
• Computer skills: MS Office programs and SAP.
• Laboratory skills: operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Microbiological instruments.
• Ability to work independently on a team and be able to multi-task and prioritize daily work.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of and experience in handling biohazardous materials.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant science (e.g. biology, medical technology, 2 year degree with experience in Microbiology or equivalent) or 5 year degree with experience (e.g. microbiology, biology, medical technology, or equivalent).
• Individuals with an associate degree may be considered. Prior job experience highly valued.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, APN Software is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. APN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.