at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 497002
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Financial Services and Procurement, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 32E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Internal Audit assists the University in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of business risk management, control, and internal operating processes that support the University's core missions of teaching, research, and service.
Under limited direction, the Senior Auditor is responsible for the systematic and objective verification, analysis and appraisal of the University's accounting, financial and operating controls. The Senior Internal Auditor supervises staff members assigned to audit projects and assists the Director in reviewing audit work papers. The Senior Auditor assists in preparing the annual reevaluation of the Internal Audit Plan, risk analyses and risk-based internal audit plans. The Senior Auditor assists in preparing materials for the meetings of the Board of Trustees Audit Visiting Committee.
This position regularly communicates with University faculty and administrators at all levels and external auditors on matters relating to internal controls, compliance, and audit findings and recommendations. Duties of the position require independent execution and decision making based on the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, professional certification, experience, applicable laws and regulations and University policy.
- Develop and complete Risk Assessments, Audit Programs and Internal Control Questionnaires for the identification, analysis, and evaluation of financial, accounting and operating risks and controls in audits.
- Perform independent audit fieldwork within budget and in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Internal Audit Department standards.
- Assist in conducting sensitive investigations of alleged financial improprieties, including fraud, reported through the University Financial Compliance Hotline and other sources.
- Review findings and recommendations with University clients in a way that gains their acceptance of proposed changes and promotes professional rapport.
- Develop and make presentations to the University community concerning internal accounting controls and compliance.
- Writes clear and actionable audit reports.
- Assist in preparing materials for Board of Trustees Audit Visiting Committee meetings.
- Follow-up on findings and recommendations to ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Supervise staff members assigned to audit projects and assist the Director in reviewing audit work papers.
- Develop and assist in implementing measures to enhance Internal Audit Department audit efficiency and office administration.
- Maintain current knowledge of new developments in the accounting and internal auditing fields as applicable to the University.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status