at Tetra Tech Inc in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionDiscover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science.
he successful candidate for the entry level Electrical Engineering position will work under the supervision of the lead Electrical Engineer, and will perform electrical design for a variety of projects.
- Performing electrical power design for a variety of projects
- Preparing, reviewing, or modifying one-line diagrams, elevation diagrams, electrical floor plans, lighting designs, MCC and panelboard schedules, and detail sheets
- Incorporating design changes using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Coordinating electrical equipment lists with mechanical, civil, and other applicable disciplines
- Preparing project-specific technical specifications using CSI and SpecsIntact standards
- Performing service load calculations and power systems analysis
- Meeting project schedules and performing work within budgetary constraints
- Assisting in the preparation of status reports, basis-of-design descriptions, project manuals, responses to client comments, technical memoranda, and other project-related documentation
- Reviewing submittals and providing responses to Contractor-generated Requests for Information
- Field investigation and facility startup support services as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 0-2 years of experience in electrical engineering and consulting environment
- Electrical Engineering degree (preferably from an ABET accredited program)
- FE/EIT or ability to obtain within six months
- Interest in obtaining P.E. licensure
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Comfortable working with suppliers, vendors, construction contractors, and facility owners
- Knowledge of NEC and other codes and standards associated with electrical safety and construction
- Design of lighting and lighting control systems. Experience with Visual Lighting software, is a plus
- Proficient with the use of AutoCAD and Revit is a plus
- Experience with SKM or ETAP is a plus
- Design of fire alarm, security, and other low-voltage systems is a plus
- Design of substations and medium voltage distribution systems is a plus
- DOD and commercial experience, is a plus
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity