at Eagle Group (Metal Masters Food service Equip) in Clayton, Delaware, United States
Material Handlers have various duties based on the department they are in. The principal duty in this position is to pull inventory and deliver it to the requesting department for production and to retrieve finished product to stage in the warehouse. This individual must be very organized and have some computer knowledge as well as be able to handle the physical attributes of the position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives, distributes, and stores products as directed in designated, secure locations
- Prepares and maintains records of materials received and shipped including dates of transactions, locations, and other pertinent information
- Reviews shipments for quality and accuracy; reviews accompanying documents for accuracy
- Transports and loads materials, supplies, and finished goods (manually and/or using hand trucks and skids)
- When problems arise, seeks out assistance from Group Lead or Supervisor
- Collects and properly disposes of scrap bracing, cardboard, and strapping; maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for keeping area neat and safe to avoid injuries
- Work at a fast and safe pace; complete tasks in a timely manner
- Perform cycle counts
- Complete Open Picklist & Missing WIP RECEIPTS
- Label and receive in all Product
- Empty and deliver all carts to the bulk area at the end of your shift
- Capable of learning to drive a fork life ( if not already certified)
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Able to read and understand instructions
- Superior organizational skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Good mathematical aptitude (basic math add/subtract/ multiply/ divide)
- Efficient in Time management in order to complete daily tasks in a timely manner
- Basic knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite; other related; data entry)
- Able to meet the physical demands of this positing (standing/walking continually; pull / pushing, reaching, carrying, bending, lifting)
- Able to be flexible in scheduling (overtime is sometimes needed)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel. Employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision. Also while performing this job you will be exposed regularly to fumes and airborne particles and occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is usually moderate to loud.