at BJ's Wholesale Club Inc in Millsboro, Delaware, United States
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida. While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent. If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
CASHIER Job Summary:
- Processes Member purchases in a courteous and friendly manner, including verifying, renewing, upgrading and offering several types of membership products, scanning merchandise, and accepting various forms of payments.
- Provides excellent member service in an efficient and productive manner. Maintains the overall cleanliness of the front-line department.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Exhibits clear understanding of all BJ's Membership options, Including the importance of renewals, upgrading to our BJs perks programs.
- Offer all appropriate membership products such as membership renewal, EASY renewal option, My BJs Perks programs and awards redemption.
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members.
- Checks Members out in a timely and efficient manner. Scans all club merchandise through a point-of-sale system to ensure accurate inventory counts and accurate purchase totals for Members.
- Packages shopping carts when necessary.
- Collects payments via cash, check, or other charge payments from members.
- Issues receipts, or change due to Members.
- Stays up-to-date on all merchandise promotions, advertisements, and product information.
- Discounts purchases by scanning and redeeming coupons.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the frontline area.
- Assists in general club housekeeping when necessary.
- Returns re-sellable merchandise to the sales floor area.
- Manages self-checkout and scan and pan lanes.
- Assists Members with operations and technical difficulties.
- Required to meet cashier productivity expectations.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.