at CTG in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Data/Sys Business Analyst II
Oct 08, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG is seeking aData/Systems Business Analyst IIfor our client based in Irving, Texas.
Location: Remote, work from home
Duration: 6 months
The Data/Systems Business Analyst II functions as the liaison between the Developer and internal/external clients reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and documenting the technical component of data or systems business requirements for data/systems enhancements or new client implementations. Typically, manages a small implementation or a phase(s) of a larger implementation of moderate complexity.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates data/systems business requirements for existing and new development.
- Documents technical and business specifications and functional needs and modifies existing requirements.
- Leads the data analysis and profile efforts for new client implementations and system enhancements.
- Facilitates technical meetings with IT and business project team.
- Provides data mappings, user interface specifications, processing logic as per business requirements to the Developer.
- Communicates with clients, developers and other team members.
- Tests development efforts and assists clients in user acceptance testing.
- Creates and maintains a project plan, documents meeting notes and distributes to team.
- Provides regular status reports to clients, developers, and management as needed.
- Provides mentorship and guidance to junior Analysts on the team as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to drive project timelines to completion with a cross-functional team.
- Must be familiar with relational database concepts and client-server concepts.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, fluently in English.
- Ability to develop professional relationships.
- Ability to be careful and thorough about detail.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Ability to work proficiently in Microsoft Word, Excel. Required experience in Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SQL, and Visio.
- Familiarity with TSO, File-Aid, and reviewing Flat files.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to work independently as a member of various teams and committees.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience required
- Certifications: (Required/Desired)
- Knowledge and/or certifications in software development methodologies such as Scrum is desired, but not required
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- 3+ years related work experience, industry experience preferred
- Strong SQL knowledge and working knowledge of relational database systems preferred
- Exposure and/or familiarity with various IT platforms and languages such as Informatica Power center, Java, DB2
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group is required.
CTG does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee based recruitment services for this role.
To be considered, please apply directly to this requisition using the link provided. For additional information, please contactRoberta Allegrino at 888-284-6551 ext. 2113 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and business development courses.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Business Analysis
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time