at Sallie Mae in New Castle, Delaware, United States
Digital Customer Compliance Specialist
New Castle – Christiana, DE
Who we are:
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they imagine-whether that means helping them make college happen, or other endeavors they pursue to invest in their future. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills-you’re in the right place.
What You’ll Contribute
This position will report to the Director of Control and Compliance within Retail Deposit Operations and have a responsibility to deliver the highest standards of service to our customers through our digital platforms. Additionally, this position will assist in the management of policies and procedures associated with the digital platform. This will also include the processing of all customer disputes. Reviews and monitors dispute activity to ensure investigations are completed according to Regulation E. Monitors dispute handling by third-party vendors. The incumbent must prioritize and resolve internal and external issues expediently and diligently.
What You’ll Do
% of Time Spent
• Control and Compliance
· Reviews/Responds to customer requests digitally while maintaining service levels.
· Assists with developing and maintaining of Retail Deposit Operations policies, procedures associated with the digital platforms.
· Maintains relationships with support partners and establishes contacts to discuss and resolve issues.
· Monitors third party vendor handling of disputes.
• • Research/Analysis/Reporting
· Coordinates with Retail Banking Operations partners to research and document findings.
· Tracks and reports findings to appropriate departments within operations.
· Ensures that compliance issues are addressed, and corrective actions are taken as appropriate, including, where necessary, escalating to senior management.
· Proactively examines issue/finding trends. Conducts root cause research and offers remediation recommendations.
• Business Area Support
· Develops a thorough understanding of each operational function and the applicable regulations governing all operational units.
· Stays abreast of changes relating to retail banking requirements and the impact to servicing operations.
· Understands industry initiatives, including systematic requirements, that impact operations.
· Assists with project UAT testing as necessary.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this role.
What You Need to Succeed
Being focused on our customer helps us to deliver a lasting impression and instill trust. Through collaboration and teamwork, we are able to communicate effectively across departments leading to better decision quality. We hold ourselves to the highest standards ensuring accountability in all we do to deliver on our mission and shared values.
What You Have
Minimum: Indicate minimum education, skills and experience required.
• 0 – 2 years of Retail Deposit Operations Experience.
• Quality Assurance/Problem and/or Change Management experience.
• Procedural Analysis experience.
• Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities in a time-sensitive environment to meet project due dates.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Technical/systems related research skills.
• Ability to create and maintain constructive relationships with business area and risk partners.
• Ability to understand complex regulatory requirements and analyze their impact on business operations.
• Ability to identify issues, appropriately elevate, and develop recommendation for resolutions to senior management.
• Be able to work independently under minimal supervision, assuming ownership for all assignments and projects.
• Accountability – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Collaboration – Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communication – Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Customer focus – Build strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
• Decision quality – Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Instill trust – Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Preferred: Indicate “nice to haves” regarding education, skills, and experience.
The Americans with Disabilities Act
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function, or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
What You’ll Get at Sallie Mae:
+ Comprehensive Compensation and Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
+ Financial Well-being : 401(k) company match, employee stock purchase plan, and basic life insurance and short-term disability are provided to employees at no cost
+ Work/Life Balance : Paid time off, time off to volunteer, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, after 6 months of employment, primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of 100% fully paid time off and secondary caregivers are eligible for 4 weeks of 100% fully paid time off, for birth or adoption
+ Wellness : Fitness centers/gym subsidies, free Fitbits with step challenges, and wellness education
Sallie Mae is proud to be an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. EEO is the Law Supplement. Click here to view the U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.