at CTG in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
IT Project Manager
Oct 07, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
CTG has an immediate need for anOil & Gas IT Project Managerto join our team supporting IT projects within the Oil & Gas industries. This is a full-time opportunity to work with a dedicated CTG team in support of a variety of clients. The job duties will cover classic project management responsibilities for IT projects including full scope, schedule and budget management. In addition, Project Managers will provide business analysis support to our clients as needed for full lifecycle technology support. This is a remote position with ideally being located in mountain or central time zones or the ability to support projects within those timezones.
Manages the day-to-day detail of small, long-term CTG service delivery projects; typically has P&L responsibility. Works closely with client executives and CTG managing directors, delivery management, account executives, and recruiters.
- Manage projects with over $500K in value
- Plan, deliver, and complete a project to the customer’s satisfaction, on time and within budget
- Identify and pursue new opportunities with the client
- Manage a staff of six to 15 technical professionals
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Ensure assignment of proper mix of technical resources required to accomplish the approved work activities
- Ensure the project team members have the appropriate tools and training to deliver the services
- Manage scheduling and completion of the approved work activities
- Manage work processes, methods, and standards to ensure on-time completion of the project deliverables
- Provide periodic formal project reports to the client and to the CTG management team
- Communicate project plans and status to the client and team members in a timely and effective manner
- Monitor and act upon any changes in scope or service level using a change management process
- Address open issues or problems in a proactive fashion
- Maintain the project file
- Actively monitor and evaluate staff capabilities and take an active role in assisting staff members transition to their next assignment
- Participate in the service quality assessments
- Ensure the project is properly closed on completion
- Perform other duties as assigned to fulfill responsibilities
- Minimum 7-10 years IT experience
- Minimum 5 years of hands on project management experience within the SDLC.
- Broad range of IT technology experience within Oil & Gas
- Experience managing projects with budgets of $500,000+ or 5+ people
- Experience leading projects within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience leading application development and/or product implementations.
- Experience managing multiple vendors
- Minimum 3 + years IT Business Analyst experience
- Experience with enterprise level technology selection and implementation
Nice to Have
- Consulting experience
- PMI PMP certification
- Business analysis and/or process re-engineering
- ITIL understanding
To be successful in this position, the ideal candidate should be a highly motivated, results-driven individual who can create the perfect solution for our clients higher-level needs. The best candidate will also be an excellent listener and communicator, with the ability to explain why their solutions are the best fit for our clients.
To be considered, please immediately apply to this requisition using the link provided. Kindly forward to any other interested parties—thank you!
Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquires may be conducted.
CTG’s Benefits Plan allows you to select insurance coverage that best suits your lifestyle, and take part in our savings programs and educational plans. We offer Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) Retirement Plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase plan. Our educational plan comprises access to more than 2,000 web-based technical, professional and personal development courses.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Project Management & Administration
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No