at Pepsico in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Acts as the primary store-level sales person to small format accounts like convenience and gas stores, small grocery stores, drug stores, restaurants, etc. Position has up to 100 accounts that are serviced periodically throughout the week. Responsible for ordering and merchandising products that will be delivered by another employee to the store. Generates sales by selling to and servicing customers. Rotates and stocks products on shelves and displays, in coolers, vending equipment, and customers' backrooms. Builds displays and sets up promotional materials such as pricing signs and banners. Has frequent interaction with store management. Position requires working across a wide variety of weather conditions.
This position is a labor-intensive position requiring lifting/carrying cases weighing from 25 - 45 pounds repeatedly over 10-12 hour period. Also requires standing, walking, reaching, and squatting while merchandising product.
- Grow sales, market share, product distribution, space allocation, in assigned accounts
- Solicit new business to increase volume/new package distribution within the area boundaries
- Identify customer sales opportunities and sell and execute promotions, place equipment, and sell sufficient products to address the opportunities
- Utilize point-of-purchase materials to stimulate sales
- Generate sales by maintaining/increasing shelf facings, and cleaning shelves/rotating products
- Serve as key point of contact for all customer inquiries and concerns (deliver customer service)
- Provide excellent service to assigned accounts and create and maintain goodwill with all customers (e.g., communication, rapport building, attentiveness to customer needs, etc.)
- Merchandise product sections and build displays to stimulate sales
- Complete required paperwork in an accurate, legible, and timely manner
- Utilize hand held devices to input/write orders
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance