at (OMB) Office of Mang. and Budget State of Delaware in Dover, Delaware, United States
This position oversees the review and approval of professional services contracts (such as architectural, engineering, and construction management), construction plans and specifications for renovations and new construction of facilities at all State agencies and School Districts. The incumbent drafts RFP’s and is the contact for major capital construction projects. Coordinates with leadership regarding project cost and long-term planning, implements technical programs/projects with the public/private sector and acts as a liaison with the professional community and other organizations.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Develop, guide and direct technical service staff.
- Review and approve professional contract plans and specs for renovating; all state construction/renovation projects and negotiate bids.
- Participate and administer the development of the Department’s capital budget.
- Direct specific engineering studies incorporating cost analysis, statistical design and data analysis.
- Provide technical services to other agencies and departments involving construction and physical operations, space utilization, budgeting and problem analysis.
- Act as expert witness for the Attorney General’s Office on construction/engineering problems when required.