at Capital One Services II, LLC in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job ID: R121744
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager or Sr. Manager - Consumer Credit Review, Credit Policy Controls & Transaction Testing
The Manager or Sr. Manager role is a key part of a horizontal function within the Consumer Credit Review team and will be primarily responsible for assessing the effectiveness of credit intent management across Capital One's consumer lending portfolios including Branded Card, Co-brand and Retail Partnership Card, Small Business Card, Auto Finance and several international credit card portfolios. The main objective is to ensure lending strategies, credit policies, processes and controls are well-designed, documented and operationally effective through independent, risk-based assurance review and data-driven testing. The Manager or Sr. Manager will contribute towards the execution of the annual Credit Review operating plan and provide training, coaching and coordination of cross-functional teams within Credit Review in the process. This associate will also be responsible for building and maintaining working relationships with various line of business management teams (1st line of defense) and key associates within Risk Management (2nd line of defense).
- Developing, managing and executing a risk-based review plan focusing on credit policy control design effectiveness, credit intent management and transactional testing methodology
- Reviewing business credit governance and practice to ensure compliant with credit intent implementation requirements
- Performing independent data script based testing and manual account level testing to ensure execution equals intent
- Provide independent review, challenge, expertise and advice on enhancing the design and operating effectiveness of the company's credit policies, credit controls and decision capabilities
- Identifying gaps and improvement opportunities through assurance activities and communicating review results effectively both verbally and in writing with management and key stakeholders
- Validating action plans and remediation efforts to ensure gaps in credit policy, execution, and controls are sufficiently remediated
- Partnering with the Credit Review Data Analytics and Innovation teams in designing and advancing assurance capabilities and tools to support credit intent management assurance objectives
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams within Credit Review in horizontal projects and initiatives and with key stakeholder groups across the company
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in consumer credit risk management, credit risk modeling, credit risk assurance, or a combination
- At least 1 years of experience with consumer lending products, lending strategies, credit bureau data, credit policy execution, and controls
- At least 1 year of experience with Python, SAS, Cloud, or GitHub
- Master's Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in consumer credit risk management, credit risk modeling, credit risk assurance or a combination of these areas
- Formal Credit Training from a large national or regional bank or equivalent training in a regulatory office (e.g. OCC, Federal Reserve)
- Prior experience performing judgmental underwriting
- Highly analytical approach to problem solving
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for... For full info follow application link.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.