at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking a Coatings Summer Intern to join our Technology team! This position will report directly to the Technical Director.
This position will support research and development activities in the Titanium Technologies Business and will focus on the application development of coatings.
Location: Newark, DE
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Term: 3-month assignment between May – August 2022
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lab synthesis involving particles (e.g. TiO2), slurries and paints
- Design of lab experiments
- Analyzing research samples and comparing data from multiple sources
- Analyzing data and building models
- Performing literature searches, reading relevant scientific literature
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a Junior or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Ability to quickly learn particle science concepts, surface treatment processes and analytical methods
- Attention to detail and pro-active willingness to learn new techniques and methods
- Ability to document the activities in periodic reports and to review the work in a presentation to peers
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Ability to work well in an active lab environment, collaborate with co-workers
- Familiarity with statistics software (Minitab) to set up, execute, and analyze experimental designs (DOE)
- Experience with lab synthesis methods product analysis and testing of slurries and paints.
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations. Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours. They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship, Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018 and 2019-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa [OPT], TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible/To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account