at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking a Particle Surface Science and Thermodynamics Intern to join our Technology team! This position will report directly to the Technical Director.
This position will support research and development activities in the Titanium Technologies Business and will focus on the analysis and monitoring of interfacial phenomena and associate thermodynamics in particle systems.
Location: Newark, DE
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per wee
Term: 3-month assignment between May – August 2022
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Read and become familiar with relevant scientific literature ranging from metrology methods to colloidal phenomena
- Prepare slurry, colloid, and other samples as needed
- Gathering, documenting, and submitting samples for analytical assessment
- Characterizing samples by microcalorimetry, rheology, light scattering, microscopy and other methodologies
- Method troubleshooting and data analysis
- Working collaboratively in a team environment
- Promoting and abiding by safe laboratory practices
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a Junior or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree in physical sciences or engineering
- Attention to detail and pro-active willingness to learn new techniques and methods
- Basic understanding of adsorptions science, isothermal calorimetry, particle science or rheology.
- Some laboratory or research experience in the areas of surface science, thermodynamics, interfacial phenomena, or particle technology
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Experience working in a laboratory setting
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Basic understanding of the physical principles of heat flow and adsorption
- Experience with colloids, NMR, fluorescence spectroscopy, XPS, or particle size analysis methods
- Experience synthesizing or modifying particles
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Prior image analysis experience
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations. Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours. They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship, Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018 and 2019-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa [OPT], TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible/To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account