at WSFS Bank
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Consumer Underwriter for our Consumer Lending division. The Consumer Underwriter is responsible for underwriting credit cards and consumer loans according to lending policy, ensuring the Bank’s Standard of quality and procedures are met. The incumbent will review, analyze and render decisions focusing on consumer lending products including, but not limited to personal loans, automobile loans, student loans, home equity loans, and home equity lines of credit. The incumbent will maintain credit standards, policies and procedures and manage exceptions with in an acceptable tolerance and communicate decisions to internal customers. The incumbent will also make credit decisions, based on regulations to ensure that the Bank is in compliance with regulatory requirements.
This is a full-time position, located in Newark, DE. The schedule is a 40 hour work week M-F 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Must have 3-5 years of lending and credit review experience, including a strong background reviewing personal and business financial statements and tax returns with proven ability to render sound credit decision on own authority.
- Must have a strong knowledge in Consumer loan underwriting and analysis, including the review and interpretation of client financial statements and tax returns.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills to interact with both internal and external customers.
- This position requires independent thinking and will be able to effectively balance the need for growth with prudent lending practices in individual decision-making, coaching and collaborating with our internal customers.
- Must have thorough knowledge of credit and regulatory policy.
WSFS Bank is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the WSFS Bank Careers website or submission process, please contact us via email at careers@ wsfsbank.com.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.