at (OMB) Office of Mang. and Budget State of Delaware in Sussex County, Delaware, United States
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
- Performs preventative routine and complex maintenance repairs on interior and exterior building structures, fixtures and appurtenances; bridges; heavy duty structural and mechanical equipment or HVAC and other systems.
- Performs restoration and renovation on facilities; bridges and/or historical buildings; builds partitions, shelving from sketches, plans or instructions, renovates furniture and equipment and may design layout to ensure most efficient use of space.
- Recommends referral of jobs beyond financial or capability limits to private contractors.
- Maintains and repairs compressor, pumps, hydraulic lifts, treatment and disposal plants and operates and maintains HVAC systems and complex plumbing projects.
- Operates and maintains life safety devices such as sprinkler systems.
- May oversee the work of skilled, semi-skilled maintenance, and laboring personnel in performing specific assignments or in a training situation.
- Maintains records of work performed, materials used and time spent on assignments and may secure through established procedures, materials and supplies.
- May perform highway lighting or drawbridge maintenance.