at Rogers Corporation in Bear, Delaware, United States
Who We Are and What We Are All About:Join global leaders in engineered materials to power, protect and connect our world with Rogers Corporation. At Rogers Corporation, were changing how the world uses technology. We develop innovative specialty materials and components that enable technology in a wide array of high-growth markets. Our customers demand high performance and reliability, so we are always looking for people who enjoy a challenge, make things happen and get results. Integrity is at the heart of how we work. We excel at building enduring relationships that foster trust between our colleagues and our business partners. We work creatively and cross-functionally, making a rewarding environment. To grow with a global, results-oriented company, explore our latest job listings.
The 2ndShift Extruder Operator will function as part of a team to meet production goals. This position requires a detail oriented individual who will communicate production issues and take direction from the department supervisor on a daily basis.
- Set up and monitor all manufacturing parameters relating to the safe, efficient production of silicone extruded rubber products.
- Adjust machine for proper extrusion and winder operation.
- Measuring and gauging thickness of material by using micrometers and various measuring/quality control instruments to maintain consistent product performance.
- Package extruded tape and case product per customer specifications.
- Assure that a sufficient quantity of raw material base is available to meet daily production demands by recording all inventory material usage on work orders and within computer software system.
- Perform scheduled housekeeping by removing product and supply debris from production area using a broom or shovel.
- Perform and record all in-process inspection/testing relating to maintaining product traceability and run documentation.
- Communicate with various departments such as quality, shipping, and value added relative to product quality issues and availability of material for further processing or shipping.
- Perform cycle counting to ensure inventory accuracy. Perform nonconforming material process including DMRs and hold tags.
- Participate in the training of new employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity