at Nickle Electrical in Newark, Delaware, United States
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing projects from planning through completion and ensuring client satisfaction by delivering unparalleled service. Provide overall project management support for several small to large projects supporting senior project management and the VP of Operations.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Journeyman License in Delaware/Completion of 4 years Electrical Apprenticeship.
- Must have 3-5 years extensive experience/knowledge of construction, design, cost management as an Electrical Project Manager or similar position in commercial, institutional, and industrial environment.
- Experience managing projects $500,000 to $2.5 million (large commercial, institutional, and industrial projects preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods, etc.), as well as understanding of company and industry practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities.
- Advanced abilities in reading and interpreting plans and specifications.
- In depth knowledge of National Fire Protection Association codes.
- Must possess minimum OSHA 10, however, OSHA 30 is preferred. Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures.
- Must be First Aid/CPR certified.
- Daily Tri-State travel to projects.
- Technology Skills- Intermediate computer experience primarily in Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Microsoft Project. Prefer proficiency in estimating software/EBM
- Communication skills- Strong verbal skills to interact effectively and professionally with various levels of employees, management, vendors and clients. Written skills to produce routine reports and professional correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills- Personable and ability to build relationships both internally and externally. Represent Nickle in a professional manner at events.
- Energy-Ability to work in fast paced environment, be self-motivated, and ambitious, with a desire to advance.
- Adaptability- Willingness to adjust schedule to meet the demands of the job. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary. Work under time pressure deadlines and adjust to changing requirements.
- Problem Solving-provide recommendations to solve problems.
- Leadership- Ability to be proactive, manage performance, be a team player, and maintain a positive motivating demeanor.
- Integrity/honesty-Behave in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Show consistency in words and actions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate high quality work in alliance with the vision and mission of Nickle.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work, schedule, and resources necessary to successfully complete a project.
- Prepare complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of plans, specifications, and bid form.
- Plan and organize a project under the direction of the VP Operations or Senior Project Manager.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies.
- Supervise the preparation of all change orders. Negotiate all change orders on the project and seek VP Operations approval on those items.
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foremen and Field Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule and within budget with appropriate manpower.
- Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines and under supervision.
- Initiate and maintain strong liaison with owners/GC’s to facilitate project activities and negotiate/resolve all customer concerns within target goal of 24 hours.
- Coordinate and prepare pre-construction project meetings and post project review meeting for assigned project(s).
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare monthly costing reports under the supervision of VP of Operations, CEO and CFO.
- Review field labor reports/schedules weekly to confirm accuracy, correct discrepancies, and follow up to ensure corrections are completed in timely manner.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client.
- Conduct onsite visits and inspections to ensure that all employees are working in a safe manner and are complying and adhering to safety policies and OSHA mandated requirements.
- Enforce and promote workplace safety procedures
- Manage all job closeout procedures and ensure collection of retainage.
- Represent the company in project and planning meetings.
- Build relationships with employees while maintaining and supporting merit shop philosophy.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process, to include goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to constantly remain in a stationary position.
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operate a computer and other office machinery, such as a copy machine.
- Must be able to constantly exchange accurate information.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing walking and driving.
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects.
AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Required to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection and hard where needed.