at Dissen & Juhn Company in Stevensville, Maryland, United States
Established Maryland full-service marine and foundation contractor known for its technical competence is seeking an experienced, well-organized leader to provide engineering, planning, design and analysis, and project budgeting and contract administration for waterfront infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Stevensville, Maryland, Dissen & Juhn Company serves the Chesapeake and Delaware Bays, the Potomac River and northern Virginia.
The successful candidate is a solution-driven effective communicator who is equally comfortable working in the office as well as in the field. The ideal candidate will have 10 to 15 years of experience working from conceptual development through to project completion. This position is client facing and plays a key role in the business development team for this growing office.
- Provide engineering expertise to field operations.
- Estimate marine construction projects for public and private sector clients.
- Purchase construction materials and sub-contract services.
- Communicate with current and prospective clients, government officials, engineering firms and other design professionals, material suppliers and subcontractors, field and office personnel, and senior management to resolve issues, determine job requirements, and win work.
- Generate price quotations and sales contracts to close sales opportunities.
- Generate submittals, Requests for Information (RFIs), Change Orders (COs), and other project-specific documents.
- Attend project meetings and be the technical resource on project teams.
- Develop project-specific construction budgets, schedules, quality assurance and safety plans.
- Monitor job costs for accuracy and performance to budget.
- Work with field management to generate monthly invoices for open projects.
- Review/approve supplier invoices.
- Hire and manage sub-contract engineering resources for design/build projects.
- Perform basic design engineering of marine structures such as docks, bulkheads, and boat ramps.
- Apply for state and federal environmental permits, and local building permits.
- Manage compliance with government regulations and contract specifications.
- Four-year Engineering degree, preferably civil/structural engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience performing similar functions with marine or heavy civil contractor.
- Strong technical abilities. Has strong working knowledge of civil construction standards and specifications, procurement and construction methods, and safety requirements. Able to create and interpret construction drawings, specifications and technical reports.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat, Project Management and Scheduling Software, Spreadsheets, Windows OS and MS-Office (Outlook/Word/Excel).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong understanding of government procurement methods
- Strong understanding of job costing, estimating, and budgeting.
Benefits Dissen & Juhn Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes full healthcare, dental, and vision, a 401K plan, and a company vehicle.