at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 496960
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Information Technology, Full Time
Context of the Job:
Lead the software development life cycle methodologies to enhance the University's PeopleSoft Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and related ERP servers, data storage, and related systems, including Human Resources, Student Information, and Financials systems.
- Coordinate the development of applications to enhance the University's PeopleSoft HRMS systems, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, testing, and implementation
- Provide primary support for related modules such as Payroll, College Work Study, Human Resources, and the General Ledger interface
- Maintain PeopleSoft systems, including applying updates, patches, fixes and maintenance packs
- Improve performance of PeopleSoft batch programs, reports and online pages using techniques such as SQL tuning, database indexes, hints, statistics and explain plans
- Develop SQR reports and write queries for users.
- Coordinate efforts to interface internal HR modules with external banking, financial, insurance, and state and federal systems using PeopleTools integration technologies; test programs to ensure they work properly and correct any problems encountered during testing
- Analyze and resolve production incidents
- Consult with users to determine needs, define problems, and recommend solutions; provide production support for the PeopleSoft HRMS systems and maintain the daily production schedule of PeopleSoft systems
- Review policies, procedures, and workflows to ensure that the best systems are implemented
- Assist junior Applications Programmers with solutions to complex problems
- Re-engineer business functions by evaluating requests for service
- Lead project meetings to discuss project problems and issues
- Help to develop statistical analysis and metrics/reports/data analysis using PeopleSoft Query/Cognos reporting tools
- Act as a mentor to new employees in group.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer/Electrical Engineering, and 3 years of related experience or alternatively, a Master's degree in same and 1 year of experience.
- Experience must include PeopleSoft HRMS, PeopleTools technology (PeopleCode, Application Designer, and Application Engine), PeopleSoft reporting technologies (SQR and PS Query), and PeopleSoft Upgrade/Change Assistant.
- Background checks required.
- Demonstrates an understanding and consideration of the differing needs and concerns of individuals with varying identities, cultures and backgrounds.
- Committed to fostering a workplace culture of belonging, where diversity is celebrated and equity is a core value.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status