at Dover Downs Entertainment Inc in Dover, Delaware, United States
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Front of House (FOH) during an assigned shift. Must be able to effectively manage and supervise operational activities such as providing training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraise performance, provide meaningful input into rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for staff management, money management, reporting, sales goals, inter-office communications, and upholding company policies and procedures at all times.
- Responsible for monitoring of the budget, staff supervision, scheduling, guest relations, restaurant cleanliness and opening and closing procedures.
- Opens and closes shift in accordance with proper procedures.
- Initiates guest interaction through seeking and soliciting feedback from guests.
- Properly executes revenue and check control procedures on shift.
- Handles daily employee relations (e.g., scheduling, time adjustments).
- Maintains a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests.
- Gathers and implements all proper tools for running shift, (e.g., schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks).
- Finds solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute bookings or any other daily problems that may arise.
- During shift, ensures that guests are satisfied by assisting with serving, seating, and communication with kitchen and by striving to speak to all guests. Report all employee issues and concerns to the General Manager where applicable and make recommendations as to the appropriate resolution.
- Maintains presence on the floor during entire meal periods and ensures adequate coverage.
- Interviews, selects, hire and retain superior employees.
- Completes and issues timely evaluations for subordinates.
- Conducts formal and informal training for subordinates.
- Conducts formal and informal coaching and counseling with subordinates.
- Rewards and recognizes superior performers.
- Responsible for ensuring service stations, POS terminals, bars & retail areas are operational.
- Ensures that employees work safely and follow all safety rules.
- Ensures compliance with relevant laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of industry and competition.
- Ensures effective communication within the department and company.
- Holds subordinates accountable for established performance expectations.
- Motivates and develops staff; provides advice and guidance as appropriate.
- Must comply with and enforce compliance with the company’s recycling program standards.
- Must be actively at work to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.