at Medifast in Ridgely, Maryland, United States
The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis under the direction of the Operations Manager. The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives. Travel may be required.
1. Oversee the overall aspects of the facility to include returns, receiving, warehouse, production, quality, facilities, inventory and administration.
2. Coaches and mentors direct staff to achieve departmental standards and efficiencies of meeting inventory standards of 99.9% accuracy.
3. Ensures employees are trained appropriately and complete the on-boarding checklist.
4. Complete employee performance appraisals in accordance with company timelines.
5. Responsible for performance of hourly employees, providing feedback verbally and in writing.
6. Leads and manages warehouse operations and employees while ensuring exceptional customer service.
7. Responsible for safety, employees, material handling, inventory, capital asset and expense management.
8. Understand, implement, and carry out all Company policies, procedures, and standards.
9. Continuously monitor the performance and activities of the warehouse through the use of KPIs, with a primary focus on cost controls.
10. Responsible for establishing work schedules, assigning jobs, training staff, coaching, counseling and creating a culture that supports high employee morale.
11. Stand-in for the Operations Manager as needed.
12. Ensure a clean and safe work environment, in accordance with warehouse operating standards, GWP, SQF, and internal and external regulations.
13. Properly delegate tasks as needed.
14. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively via phone, email, and in-person.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
16. Responsible and accountable for distribution KPI's to site management.