at Chemours in Newark, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking a Particle Science Summer Intern to join our Engineering Technology team! This position will report directly to the Engineering Technology Senior Manager.
The primary responsibility of this role is bulk powder characterization method development and conducting measurements using existing and developmental devices. By evaluating the reproducibility and accuracy of the developmental devices versus the existing devices, design improvements will be recommended. The findings of the project will be summarized in a manuscript for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
Location: Newark, DE
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
First Term: 3-month assignment between Jun-Sep 2022
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Laboratory management (Inventory, Safety, SOPs)
- Method development and design of inhouse test fixtures
- Conduct bulk powder characterization tests
- Perform statistical analysis on the laboratory measurement results
- Document tests results in electronic lab notebooks and SharePoint
- Technical documentation of results and recommendations
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Materials or Civil Engineering
- Strong personal computer skills particularly in Microsoft® Office products.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret ASTM and Engineering Standards
- Testing procedures occasionally use iron weights to compress samples. The applicant must be able to pick up and gently place a 10 lb. weight on a flat surface.
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Competency in engineering tools such as MATLAB, Mathcad and Mathematica.
- Previous experience in Design of Experiments and statistical software such as Minitab
- Familiarity with Six Sigma concepts
- Familiarity with principles of granular flows and powder mechanics
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations. Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours. They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship, Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018 and 2019-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa [OPT], TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible/To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account