at Sallie Mae in New Castle, Delaware, United States
Technology Support Engineer
New Castle – Christiana, DE
Who we are:
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they imagine-whether that means helping them make college happen, or other endeavors they pursue to invest in their future. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills-you’re in the right place.
What You’ll Contribute
Supports Sallie Mae staff in the use of PC-based applications to solve business problems. Specific client responsibilities include software and hardware deployments, IT equipment moves, project support, problem solving involved IT hardware and applications, end user training, and creation of user help documentation. Responsible for resolving minor to intermediate software problems that may require vendor coordination or other IS department coordination. Attends training, department meetings and handles other duties as assigned by management. This position also requires participation in a weeklong on call rotation schedule.
What You’ll Do
% of Time Spent
• User support for Windows hardware and software issues
• Image Workstations and deploys software package using SCCM
• Assistance with assigned project tasks
• Provides support for move requests
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this role.
What You Need to Succeed
Being focused on our customer helps us to deliver a lasting impression and instill trust. Through collaboration and teamwork, we are able to communicate effectively across departments leading to better decision quality. We hold ourselves to the highest standards ensuring accountability in all we do to deliver on our mission and shared values.
What You Have
Minimum: Indicate minimum education, skills and experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent work experience
• 1-2 years experience in a technology support or analyst role
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• Experience in providing IT related services to customers
• Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products that shows a high degree of functionality knowledge
• Demonstrated experience assembling computer components and peripherals into a functional workstation setup
• Ability to work onsite or remotely after hours as needed
• Accountability – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Collaboration – Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communication – Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Customer focus – Build strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
• Decision quality – Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Instill trust – Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Preferred: Indicate “nice to haves” regarding education, skills, and experience.
• Degree in a technology related field
• Certification in one or more of the following:
+ Comptia A+ Comptia Net+ Microsoft MCP
· Microsoft M36 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
The Americans with Disabilities Act
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the “essential functions” of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function, or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
What You’ll Get at Sallie Mae:
+ Comprehensive Compensation and Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision plans)
+ Financial Well-being : 401(k) company match, employee stock purchase plan, and basic life insurance and short-term disability are provided to employees at no cost
+ Work/Life Balance : Paid time off, time off to volunteer, and tuition reimbursement. In addition, after 6 months of employment, primary caregivers receive 12 weeks of 100% fully paid time off and secondary caregivers are eligible for 4 weeks of 100% fully paid time off, for birth or adoption
+ Wellness : Fitness centers/gym subsidies, free Fitbits with step challenges, and wellness education
Sallie Mae is proud to be an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. EEO is the Law Supplement. Click here to view the U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.