at Robert Half in Newark, Delaware, United States
Description If you’re interested in becoming a critical part of an innovative company, Robert Half has an opportunity for a full-time Staff Accountant. This position is ideal for those who driven by a challenging work environment with many components. This Staff Accountant position is for candidates who can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. If you can perform internal reporting during the monthly close, participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes, you might be a good fit for this role. This Newark, Delaware area-based position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. You might be our ideal candidate, if you are a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets.
What you get to do every single day
- Compose journal entries and conduct the month end close with minimal supervision
- Intercompany billings, transactions, and reconciliation
- In-depth experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Partake in various department-wide initiatives
- Compose analyses for income statements and monthly balance sheets for management reporting
- Organize schedules for monthly payments and capital lease
- Contribute to the implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Organize and review various financial data, then report it in a manner that is useful and understandable
- Upon request, take part in special projects and impromptu reporting
- Manage reconciliation, depreciation, and fixed asset ledgers
- Assist with the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Periodically maintain and reconcile journal entries Requirements – Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Self-starter and strong ethical standards
- High attention to detail and possesses excellent organizational and writing skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Top notch analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Competent with spreadsheets and databases
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAP
- Efficient in ERP systems
- 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Mature organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.