at Benedictine Programs and Services in Ridgley, Maryland, United States
HR Intern (Part Time)
Department: Human Resources
The HR intern will work directly with the recruiter to effectively source applicants, interview/screen applicants, and facilitate the hiring process to ensure compliance with all requirements. The HR Intern will develop and implement innovative ideas to enhance recruiting and sourcing strategies.
Need more details? Here are the primary duties and responsibilities.
- Consistently report to work on time as scheduled, prepared to perform assigned duties and responsibilities during entire scheduled work period/shift.
- Implement monthly plans for ongoing sourcing activities to increase applicant flow and interest for Benedictine positions.
- Leverage a variety of recruitment resources such as job fairs, job boards, social media, etc. and coordinate recruitment advertising.
- Maintain up to date postings through the ATS and maintain current and up to date messaging on the Careers pages.
- Establish relationship with local schools and other organizations to help feed applicant pool.
- Screen applicants.
- Administer all steps in the hiring process.
- Prepare and present recruiting and staffing reports, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sound like a job for you? Here are the requirements you must meet:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must be currently enrolled in degree program with emphasis in human resources or related curriculum, or be a recent graduate with a degree in human resources related field.
- Must have very strong verbal skills, able to create compelling dialogues to influence applicants to join Benedictine.
- Must be technology savvy; strong proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills; demonstrate ability to organize and prioritize work activities, and to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced, deadline driven environments.
- Must be proactive, self-accountable and self-directed, performing work with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in US upon offer.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must pass pre-employment criminal background checks through CJIS as stated in Family Law Article 5-561, and pass pre-employment CPS check.
- Must have current and valid driver's license in good standing and must have a driving record that would permit coverage under Benedictine driver's insurance.
Any very importantly...
- Must be a strong advocate of the Benedictine mission to help children and adults with developmental disabilities achieve their greatest potential, and be motivated to contribute to the mission with pride and integrity.
Benedictine is an EOE.