at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 496907
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Athletics, Full Time
PAY GRADE: 31E
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The Senior Associate Athletic Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), at the University of Delaware is a valued member within the University and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services (DIARS), upholding and embracing the departmental vision of 'Achieving Excellence Together. The Sr. Associate Athletic Director of DEI reports to the Director of Athletics and Recreation Services and the Chief Diversity Officer at the University. In partnership with the department's staff, coaches and student-athletes as well as the Office of Institutional Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity, this new position is charged with developing, managing, and implementing the long-term strategic direction and defining our approach to promoting and fostering an accessible, welcoming, and affirming environment.
As a key member of the Executive Team and the Leadership Team, this role will serve as a discussion partner for DIARS community members, provide thought leadership to the department, serve as a key partner in the university-wide DEI efforts, and have a direct impact on the business and culture.
Frequently cited statistics note that communities of color, women, and members of other underrepresented and underserved groups apply to positions only if they completely meet qualifications. DIARS encourages you to upend those statistics and apply to this position. We excitedly anticipate your application.
Strategic Planning & Leadership 40%
- In Year 1, launch a multi-year DEI strategic planning process for the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation Services. In following years, oversee the annual DEI planning and reporting process, including tracking and reporting on all DEI OKR's and progress throughout the FY.
- Evaluate all business operations, policies, procedures and practices for DIARS and recommend changes that align with our commitment to DEI and address departmental inequities.
- Represent DIARS and provide thought leadership on multiple D & I committees across campus, in the community, and within the conference and NCAA.
- Partner with the Office of Disability Support Services to address access concerns relating to participation, facilities and game day operations; and develop and update protocol and processes, on an annual or as needed timeline, to ensure current and best practices related to critical incidents, mental and physical health and safety procedures.
- Serve as the Deputy Title IX Officer and liaison with the Office of Equity and Inclusion and Title IX, the Office of General Council, and Student Conduct in DIARS.
- Act as listening partner and first line of support for the various DEI groups and task forces to assist them in completing their DEI objectives and deliverables.
- Work with DIARS senior staff and coaches to ensure diversity efforts are part of our everyday practice and culture.
- Consult our talent team on implementing new programs that attract and retain a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on topics related to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status