at Lowes - Kent in Camden, Delaware, United States
What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Specialty Assistant Store Manager, this means:
• Anticipating customer flow and work demand and redirecting efforts and schedules to ensure proper coverage when and where needed.
• Planning for spikes in sales and ensuring the store has the in-stock position to support the demand.
• Conducting safety walks, monitoring use of store power equipment, and coaching associates around safe work practices.
The Specialty Assistant Store Manager leads a team of associates who work together to ensure our customers receive exceptional service while shopping in a clean, safe, well-stocked store. The Specialty Assistant Store Manager is accountable for achieving sales and margin goals while driving operational efficiencies and maximizing overall customer satisfaction with the Lowe’s in-store experience. At times, the Specialty Assistant Store Manager is expected to provide full leadership over the store.
The Specialty Assistant Store Manager collaborates with peers on the store leadership team as well as the District Manager and Area support staff to assess the needs of our customers and develop the best methods for achieving service, sales, and operational objectives. Role-specific assignments and priorities will be tailored to specialty areas such as cabinets, appliances, etc. Furthermore, this individual may be asked to rotate through Merchandising and Operations assignments for the purpose of cross-training and development.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We're Looking For
• Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the business.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.