at Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware, United States
ChristianaCare is recruiting for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to work the Weekend Incentive Program (WIP) on midnight shift. Employees in this program work three out of four weekends in a four week schedule. Holidays as required.
- Accurately performs all test procedures as listed in the procedure manual.
- Performs and records all scheduled instrument preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follows established quality control procedures, documenting corrective action if necessary.
- Adheres to all turnaround times, documents calls as necessary, verifies critical values and specimen identification.
- Verifies completion of all stat results and all routine results in a timely manner.
- Records workload and other statistics into computer system as necessary.
- Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology | ASCP Certification preferred, not required
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of infection control techniques and procedures
- Ability to coordinate simultaneous tests and procedures with accuracy
- Ability to use automated laboratory equipment
- Oral and written communication skills
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.