at dol, Incorporated in Felton, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionCarter Machinery
Location: Felton | DE | 19943 | USA
Schedule: Full Time
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Rental Shop Technician in Felton, Delaware. The Rental Shop Technicianposition is responsible for diagnosing problems, performing repairs, reconditioning and servicing heavy equipment and components in a shop environment. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related heavy equipment service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program.
We are currently offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus for Rental Shop Technician new hires, payable after 90-days of employment.
Requirements for the Rental ShopTechnician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills; able to accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Candidates should possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed. Must prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Able to read and understand operating manuals.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for theRental ShopTechnicianjob, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law - are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status