at WSFS Bank
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Manager of Deposit Services. The Manager of Deposit Services will have overall leadership of the Deposit Services activities that includes account servicing and day-two operations including general ledger reconcilement, exception processing, retirement account administration, account documentation and critical maintenance, quality control and reporting for Retail and Commercial products. The incumbent will be responsible for staff development and motivation; budget preparation and control; and quality service to internal and external customers as well as partnering programs with Associates from Retail and Commercial departments. The incumbent will ensure all goals and service levels of the department are consistently maintained and ensure associates understand the Corporation’s and the Department’s business objectives as well as ensure Deposit Services tactical plans support the business lines’ goals and objectives and institute continuous improvements and integrate industry best practices into internal processes and standards. The incumbent will develop and control unit budget that assures maximum cost effectiveness and develop and implement departmental procedures to ensure processing efficiency, risk mitigation and operational controls as well as monitor processes and controls to ensure that flexibility with changing business needs is maintained and ensure regulatory requirements are satisfied and company policies are upheld. The incumbent will serve on various committees, task forces, and project teams to enhance the development of new products and services, or implementation of systems or process designs.
This is a full-time, 40-hr work week M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM located in our Operation Center in Northern Wilmington, DE .
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, AAP accreditation is preferred.
- Must have 5-8 years of progressive operations management/supervisor experience in a high-volume, deadline-dependent, production environment.
- Must have extensive knowledge, including appropriate government regulation in several disciplines including exception processing, IRA administration, domestic and international payment systems, NACHA rules, and application balancing/reconcilements.
- Must have extensive knowledge of federal regulations, payments systems rules and regulations governing loan products.
- Must have extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of other banking services functions; item processing and general ledger operations, customer information services, retail and commercial banking and an understanding of their financial transactions, as well as theoretical and practical knowledge relevant to the technology that supports those business lines.
- Must be familiar with deposit operations (proof, adjustment, research, returns, and wire transfer) and general bank operations.
- Must be able to make decision and recommendations on difficult and important issues affecting procedures and practices with the Deposit Services area.
- Must have strong skills using Windows and Microsoft software products.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. This position requires extensive communication with Division/Department Managers and Associate and may also communicate with banking customers, regulators, outside auditors and attorneys.
How do you get to be nearly 200 years old in a world that's constantly changing? For us, the answer has always been the same: create a team of Associates who are passionate about serving the community, and success will follow. Our Mission and Values serve as essential reminders about who we are and how we do business. WSFS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.