at Christiana Care Health System in Newark, Delaware, United States
The ChristianaCare General Laboratory Department, located at the Christiana campus, is currently recruiting for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to work part time, 40 hours bi-weekly. This position is day shift position. Every other weekend and two to three holidays per year required.
Experience in Chemistry and Hematology is strongly preferred.
- Accurately performs all test procedures as listed in the procedure manual.
- Performs and records all scheduled instrument preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follows established quality control procedures, documenting corrective action if necessary.
- Adheres to all turnaround times, documents calls as necessary, verifies critical values and specimen identification.
- Verifies completion of all stat results and all routine results in a timely manner.
- Records workload and other statistics into computer system as necessary.
- Performs assigned work safely adhering to established department safety rules and practices.
- Performs other related duties as instructed.
- Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science / ASCP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of infection control techniques and procedures
- Ability to coordinate simultaneous tests and procedures with accuracy
- Skill in the use of automated laboratory equipment
UPDATE: ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is job-related and consistent with business necessity for all caregivers.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.