at City of Dover in Dover, Delaware, United States
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our winning team! The City of Dover is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Motor Equipment Operator I in the Water/Wastewater Division of the Department of Water & Wastewater. The primary duties of this position are to assist the Water/Wastewater crew in the installation, repair, operation and maintenance of all water and wastewater facilities within the City through the operation of specialized motor equipment, hand and power tools.
- Installation and repair of water mains and services
- Installation and repair of sewer lines and laterals
- Perform regular water system flushing and the utilization of a jetter/vacuum truck to clean and maintain sewer lines
- Assist in pump station maintenance and video inspections
- Inspect motor equipment daily and perform minor maintenance
- Complete job-related logs and forms and assist in providing information to the public