at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 496891
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Administrative Support, Full Time
Pay Grade: 27N
Context of the Job:
Under the general supervision of the Business Administrator, this position performs complex administrative and financial duties for the School of Marine Science and Policy (SMSP). The principal emphasis is on general administration and office management as well as providing the most efficient and effective administrative support and customer service to facilitate research and educational functions in the School and College. Ensures compliance with internal and external administrative policies and procedures as well as prioritizes and resolves administrative issues. A high level of independent judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills, and the ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and discretion are required.
- Provide administrative support to the faculty, administrative staff, students and programs of SMSP. Perform routine and non-routine administrative tasks as assigned and directed by faculty/researchers, complying with established deadlines and work standards; listens effectively and obtains necessary information from appropriate source(s) to complete assigned tasks and shares information with others as needed. Schedules appointments, meetings, conferences, lectures, etc.
- Process Web Forms e.g., journal vouchers (JVs), procurement requisitions, cash transmittals, and other required administrative documents and forms for the unit.
- Assist with the recruiting/application process, scheduling interviews, making travel arrangements for potential students, completing travel reimbursements, etc.
- Assist in preparation of course scheduling, registration, student application processing, class lists, rosters and/or grade reports.
- Make travel arrangements for faculty, staff and students. Coordinate and process travel awards for graduate students.
- Maintain electronic calendar for ITV classrooms, conference rooms, etc. and handles room reservations.
- Update web pages and assists faculty in the preparation of class material; uploads and organizes material on Canvas.
- Assist faculty with visiting scholars. Ensure departmental and college approvals are completed and submitted to College HR Manager.
- Attend staff meetings and actively participates by making recommendations regarding new administrative policies and procedures or changes and improvements to existing processes; develops and/or initiates new office forms and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage ProCard (purchasing credit cards) administration and reimbursement requests for assigned faculty, research staff and students in Concur. Verify that ProCard expenditures are charged to appropriate budgets and confirm funds are available prior to processing credit card allocations. Review charges to ensure they are allowable in accordance with agency regulations and guidelines. Ensure back up documentation is properly filed and available for audit or grant close out reporting.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status