at CDM Smith in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Corrosion Control Discipline Leader (~75-80% billable, with the balance of 20-25% on marketing/pursuits/technical luminescence)
• Expertise in drinking water corrosion control treatment studies; extensive knowledge and understanding of Federal and State drinking water regulations; and experience delivering process and facilities design and implementation for lead and copper corrosion control projects. Preferred experience with lead service line replacement programs.
• Hiring location preference is northeastern US and mid-Atlantic, but we are open to other locations pending skill set and experience.
• BS Degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Studies or related discipline. MS preferred.
• Minimum 15 years of related experience. Candidates with less total experience will be considered if have desired specific experience related to corrosion control treatment and lead service lines.
• Professional engineering (PE) license or related discipline with professional scientist registration/certification OR Master’s degree in Science or related discipline.
• Proven leadership abilities.
• Promotes a culture of collaboration, quality, and leading by example through CDM Smith’s Vision and Core Values.
• Drives staff engagement, retention, and development within the group and assists with recruiting.
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Is an exemplary service provider to both our external and internal clients.
• Domestic travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Travel is estimated to be 10%-20%.
Environmental Engineer 8 – Drinking Water Lead
CDM Smith Employment Type:
Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license. 15 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account