at Lumen in Dover, Delaware, United States
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is seeking a Senior Analyst with a broad career level of understanding of accounting and finance rules supporting the Mass Markets organization. This position will be responsible for supporting Mass Market revenue and may need to support certain expense duties. This position provides financial support to management by gathering, analyzing, and delivering information in a clear, concise, and meaningful format. This position will review, analyze, build; and modify advanced analytics models and be able to translate requirements into delivered solutions. This position is also responsible for forecasting, budgeting, and executive management reporting for key operational areas of the company which require working effectively in a team environment.
The Main Responsibilities
Skill sets are business unit facing and communication skills – expertise needed includes:
• Conduct ad-hoc data analysis requests and design data extracts
• Produce accurate and insightful financial analysis for required areas
• Ability to develop detailed financial models that incorporate advanced formula techniques designed to increase operational efficiency and accuracy
• Ability to do data discovery; iterate on modeling and make changes to identify the best overall solutions. Skilled in gathering requirements and be able do the requisite data modeling (i.e., strong at both client engagement and data aggregations and data mapping)
• Must be able to quickly understand a requirement and develop prototype data sets, analysis, and solutions that accurately reflect needs so it can be streamlined and standardized
• Awareness and ability to communicate the value of big data and analytics to business operations users and executives
• Big data; and advanced database knowledge, including ability to provide requirements and work iteratively with others that are doing data handling and manipulation techniques (ETL); ingestion; ability to map data all the way through ETL (extract; transform; load) type processes
• Conduct data interrelationship analysis and rationalization to support multiple simultaneous algorithms in a reusable fashion
• Inquisitiveness; analysis skills; asking good questions that help with problem solving; following up in a constructive and productive manner
• Embraces change, inspires trust, communicates in all directions and is a continuous learner
• Demonstrates high personal work standards, has a track record as a self-starter with the ability to work well with minimal direction and the discipline to meet deadlines with accurate results
• Ability to design, prepare and communicate the contents of data summaries using pictures, diagrams and in writing, in a way that makes it easy to understand complex situations and provides useful solutions (concise and actionable)
• Drive accountability for financial results; analyze and communicate budget/forecast variances to management and internal customers
• Possess ability to work with professional discretion with confidential information
• Conduct data validation of existing applications and new solutions to ensure continuous data accuracy, and ease-of-use
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, or related degree and applicable experience
• Must be self-motivated, inquisitive, highly analytical, organized, and detail-oriented with strong time management skills and ability to meet project timelines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SQL
• Thorough understanding of key financial concepts that will be necessary for various daily tasks
• Ability to independently extract key financial, customer and sales information from systems and efficiently prepare insightful reports and analysis
• Ability to work and communicate effectively with various levels of management and maintain effective working relationships throughout all areas within the company
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to learn various data retrieval systems/tools and become proficient in their use
• Highly motivated to enhance financial modeling techniques/analysis to provide quality financial support
• Proficient use in SQL based data retrieval software; ability to understand and create SQL data retrieval scripts
• Tableau, Power BI experience
• Experience in Telecommunications
• Knowledge of Lumen’s billing systems, Data Warehouse, and SAP
• 5+ years of experience delivering Advanced Analytics solutions; preferably including machine learning
• 5+ years of experience in budgeting/forecasting, financial analysis, various accounting/finance functions
What to Expect Next
Requisition #: 261365
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.