at dol, Incorporated in Felton, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionCarter Machinery
Location: Felton | DE | 19943 | USA
Category: Truck Driver
Schedule: Full Time
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Truck Driver for 2nd shift in Felton, Delaware. The Truck Driver is responsible for local route pick-up and delivery of parts and components. Routes include drop boxes, Carter Machinery locations, and customer job sites. Drivers must be able to work independently, and have good communication and customer service skills. Responsibilities include loading and unloading of truck, and performing general warehouse duties as needed to complete the transfer of parts. Seeking candidates with 4 years of tractor trailer driving experience. Forklift operation and warehouse experience preferred.
We are currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus for Truck Driver new hires. $1,250 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,250 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Requirements for the Truck Driver position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Valid commercial driver's license; Hazmat endorsement preferred.
- Must adhere to DOT and Company safely regulations and procedures.
- Ensure preventive maintenance is performed on truck as required.
- Load, unload and properly secure cargo for transport.
- Candidates should possess strong customer satisfaction skills.
- Able to maintain logs and paperwork to meet state/federal standards.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Physical requirements must be met for the Truck Driver job, including the ability to qualify for a Department of Transportation medical card. Able to lift and carry items weighing up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires frequent reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling climbing, and the ability to sit for extended periods of time. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law - are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
PI147135170 To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account