at ALOFT AeroArchitects in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
This position requires the ability to translate engineering and scientific concepts from preliminary ideas through the product life cycle. This position requires the ability to ensure application of best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods and tools. Plans schedules and leads others to produce work responsive to the customer needs within allocated budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research, develop, analyze, design, and test company products using engineering and scientific principles. Analyze and verify product design and performance for adequacy, including feasibility, reliability, and durability.
- Research and develop material and processes that support the translation from abstract concepts to functional products.
- Apply knowledge of engineering and scientific methods and tools to define and characterize behavior of products, services, and processes.
- Integrate technical, cost, value, and safety considerations into the product definition to comply with customer, regulatory, and company requirements; documents results in drawings, data sets, reports, specifications, and supporting data.
- Interface with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.
- Apply knowledge of mechanical operating system design, materials, design definition principles, and regulatory/requirements in order to create mechanical system designs.
- Evaluate designs and perform trade studies for performance, functional adequacy, cost effectiveness, and regulatory compliance.
- Work independently; plan research and development programs and exercises with considerable latitude in determining technical objectives.
- Ensure application of best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
- Document actions by completing all required production, quality, and time keeping forms.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- May provide mentoring and/or training at times, when needed.
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret complex contracts, legal documents, technical documents, engineering drawings, regulations, procedures and manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting/lifting up to 25 lbs. occasionally and/or 15 lbs. frequently.
- Prolonged sitting; frequent and regular use of hands to operate keyboard and mouse.
- This position may require specific vision abilities including close / far vision and color distinction.
- Ability to access aircraft areas including the ability to maneuver in and out of and work in tight cramped areas and the ability to climb ladders and aircraft maintenance stands
The following work environment and characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Standard office environment.
- Occasional exposure to noise, smells, dust and fumes typically associated in a manufacturing or aviation environment.
- Proximity to several industrial hazards including electrical, mechanical and chemical.