at ALOFT AeroArchitects in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
The Buyer III procures materials, parts, supplies, equipment, and services on the basis of purchase requisition specifications or other authorized instructions, within the delivery schedule, and price constraints, with minimal supervision. Serve as the supply chain procurement focal on new processes, new supplier, change management, new product least waste way with robust risk management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary focal point between the company and vendors for procurement activities.
- Buy normally high cost and complex materials or services for any Company business scope.
- Gather industry intelligence and coordinates / supports the evaluation of supply proposals including terms and conditions, pricing, schedule, risk assessment, best value and technical considerations to identify supplier solution.
- Assist the Supply Chain Program Managers by participating in the sourcing strategy and contract development negotiation.
- Serve as the supply chain procurement focal on new process, new supplier, change management, new product.
- Negotiate with suppliers on procurement with the goal of obtaining low cost, high quality materials and supplies.
- Assist with cost estimating with pricing data.
- Locate and selects potential suppliers; contact vendors to order aircraft parts and company supplies.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of critically needed inventory with vendors; and take action to resolve problems that may develop.
- Assist in development and maintenance of purchasing data essential for budget purposes and bid activity.
- Proactively manage suppliers technical schedule performance.
- Improve cost of poor quality performance by applying continuous improvement principles and root cause corrective action analysis and solutions.
- Interface with aircraft maintenance and other departments.
- Document actions by completing all required time keeping records.
- Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with leading, coaching, training, developing and providing motivation for other team members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting/lifting up to 20 lbs. occasionally and/or 10 lbs. frequently.
- Prolonged sitting; frequent and regular use of hands to operate keyboard and mouse.
Occasional travel may be required; the employee filling this position must be willing to travel on short notice and possibly for extended periods.
The following work environment and characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Standard office environment.
- Occasional exposure to noise, smells, dust and fumes typically associated in a manufacturing or aviation environment.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account