at ALOFT AeroArchitects in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
The Buyer II procures materials, parts, supplies, equipment, and services on the basis of purchase requisition specifications or other authorized instructions, within the delivery schedule, and price constraints, under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary focal point between the company and vendors for procurement activities.
- Buy normally high cost and complex materials or services for any Company business scope.
- Negotiate with suppliers on procurement with the goal of obtaining low cost, high quality materials and supplies.
- Assist with cost estimating with pricing data.
- Contact vendors to order aircraft parts and company supplies.
- Locate and selects potential suppliers.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of critically needed inventory with vendors; and takes action to resolve problems that may develop.
- Interface with aircraft maintenance and other departments.
- Assist in development and maintenance of purchasing data essential for budget purposes and bid activity.
- Maintain an organized work area.
- Document actions by completing all required time keeping records.
- Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents including contracts, legal documents, technical documents, engineering drawings, regulations, procedures and manuals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting/lifting up to 20 lbs. occasionally and/or 10 lbs. frequently.
- Prolonged sitting; frequent and regular use of hands to operate keyboard and mouse.
Occasional travel may be required; the employee filling this position must be willing to travel on short notice and possibly for extended periods.
The following work environment and characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Standard office environment.
- Occasional exposure to noise, smells, dust and fumes typically associated in a manufacturing or aviation environment.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account