at ALOFT AeroArchitects in Georgetown, Delaware, United States
Operate conventional, numerical control (NC), and computer numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate parts by performing the following duties with minimal supervision:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret prints, sketches, engineering drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measure dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Program machines by interpreting geometric deminsions and tolerances (GD&T), calculating and setting controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjust machine controls or program.
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications.
- Keep machinery operational by performing preventive maintenance and by following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Develop corrective actions to improve effeciencies and first pass yield metrics, by adjusting programs, materials and / or tooling.
- Confer with the supervisors to resolve machining or assembly problems and material shortages.
- Prepare Material Requisitions for all materials used to machine detail.
- Review statements of work and provide input for external bids and proposals.
- Collaborate with Engineering for design optimization for manufacturability of components.
- Provide subject matter expertise to help accomplish departmental CI / Lean objectives.
- Document actions by completing all required production, quality, and time keeping forms.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Complete initial / recurrent training requirements in a timely manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the Supervisor and Technical Advisor by providing training to team members.
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, calculus, and trigonometry, geometrical dimensioning and tolerances.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Standard safety precautions are required in all areas where hazardous conditions exist.
- Exerting/lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally and/or 25 lbs. frequently.
- Near-constant use of hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate precision tools.
- Regular walking, standing and leaning forward, as typical with manufacturing / bench work.
- This position requires specific vision abilities including corrected close / far vision and color distinction.
The following work environment and characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Exposure to noise, smells, dust and fumes typically associated in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Regular use of sharp tools, industrial machining equipment, heating elements, sealants and solvents.
- Close proximity to several industrial hazards including electrical, mechanical and chemical.