at University of Delaware in Newark, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionUniversity of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 496892
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Facilities Management, Full Time
Pay Grade: 35E
Context of the Job:
The Director, Real Estate leads various activities for the Facilities, Real Estate, and Auxiliary Services organization. The Director is responsible for all transactions regarding the acquisition and disposition of university properties. The Director also directly supervises the Rental Housing Coordinator, whose responsibilities are the management of the university's rental housing program for faculty and staff. The Director is responsible for assisting University departments seeking off campus space via commercial leases and negotiates the transaction as the University's representative. The Director provides leadership and strategic oversight for the property management staff of three.
The Director manages the Science, Technology & Advanced Research (STAR) Campus, which is a 272-acre multi-tenant university research park that is a repurposed former automobile assembly site. The Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the facilities and infrastructure requirements necessary to support the tenants at the site. The incumbent will need to understand site tenant and prospective tenant needs and works with multi-functional teams to prioritize initiatives to help meet the future requirements of the campus. Under limited direction of the Vice President of Facilities & Real Estate, the Director engages in lease development and execution, tenant interface, execution of Common Area Maintenance (CAM) operations, and the development of accurate budgets and forecasts, consistent with the University's vision for the STAR Campus.
- Serves as the university's responsible party for all off campus lease negotiations, including but not limited to locating potential properties, awareness of market availability and rates, and familiarity with lease terms and contracts.
- Responsible for the management of the university's Rental Housing program.
- Maintains a current database on all university properties, off campus leases, ground leases, acquisitions, and dispositions. Prepares an annual report for the Board of Trustees of the above information.
- Participates in the development of the Strategic Plan for the STAR Campus, ensuring that the operational aspects of the plan align with the University's vision and Master Plan for the Campus.
- Coordinates with the Planning & Project Delivery (PPD) staff to review the lease requirements for the design efforts, contract delivery strategies and construction to ensure new facilities at STAR are consistent with the University's design standards, policies, and procedures. Provides leadership to ensure building standards and practices embody sustainable elements consistent with the University's environmental stewardship goals.
- Responsible for ensuring site infrastructure and common area projects support the strategic growth at the STAR Campus.
- Develops a customer service environment that supports the needs for the tenants, consistent with their lease agreements, while implementing identified best practices for advanced research and technology parks.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status