at Arcadis U.S., Inc in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job DescriptionArcadis is currently searching for a Geologist, Environmental Scientist, Environmental Engineer to join our team in Wilmington, DE.
With the backing of one of the industry's leading technical and professional staffs, you will assist with supporting our growing portfolio of environmental investigation and remediation projects in the Mid-Atlantic Region and throughout the United States. The position will include a mixture of field (80%) and office (20%) work. Field work may require overnight travel.
Arcadis provides multiple onboarding and development programs created for our young professionals that will expand professional growth and help drive creativeness, innovation, and greater integration within our local, national, and global teams.
What you will do:
- Fieldwork in all weather conditions
- Perform fieldwork which may include drilling oversight for soil sampling and/or groundwater well installation, groundwater sampling, excavation oversight, in-situ remediation, operation and maintenance of remediation systems, and vapor intrusion/soil gas surveys. Tasks will require some subcontractor oversight.
- Extensive and detailed note taking
- Coordination and communication with project managers and other office staff
- Exhibiting ownership of delegated tasks, including responsibility for coordination and delivery of on-schedule and on-budget tasks
- Assist Project Managers (PMs) and Assistant PMs (APMs) with planning environmental investigation and remediation tasks, and assist with writing and preparing technical reports, work plans, letters, and memorandum.
- Office work may include task coordination, data compilation and interpretation, cost estimates, health & safety plan preparation, report writing, regulatory file review, proposal writing, project strategy development, schedule and budget, and establishment of subcontracts.
Who you are:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Independent thinking skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team setting as well as independently
- Understanding that fieldwork will be an important part of this role for 2 - 3 years
- Proficient with Microsoft Office-based software programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) #LI-AD1
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or a related discipline
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
- USEPA and MDE regulatory program experience
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world's most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry's foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Please click the link below to view the rest of the job on our career site.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity