at Chemours in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Chemours is seeking an EHS & Sustainability Intern to join our EHS & Corporate Responsibility team! This position will report directly to the Global Sustainability Lead.
As the EHS & Sustainability Intern, you will play a key role within Chemours and the EHS and Corporate Responsibility function. You will enable progress towards our 2030 Corporate Responsibility Commitment (CRC) Goals, specifically within our Planet Pillar. By the end of your internship, you will learn how our commitment to EHS and sustainability is embedded in everything we do.
Effective candidates will be self-motivated, able to work independently, and have great attention to detail.
Hours: Full-time or part-time schedule, flexible to candidate need
Preferred First Term: January – August 2022
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organizing CRC data by developing spreadsheets, charts, reports, and formal presentations
- Creating dashboards, which will be highly visible across the organization
- Collaborating with multiple stakeholders such as plant site employees and CRC Goal Leaders, to collect and evaluate environmental data
- Maintaining and updating sustainability benchmarking information
- Maintaining and updating database of sustainability questionnaires
- Assist with developing inventory management plans, data policies and procedures
- Developing, updating, and maintaining collaboration sites such as SharePoint and Microsoft Team
The following is /required/ for this role:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university as a Senior or Graduate level
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Data Science or related field
- Experience with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
The following is /preferred/ for this role:
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves-at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations. Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours. They are-Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship, Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018 and 2019-our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa [OPT], TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible/