at Humana in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
The Subrogation Professional 2 iIdentifies, investigates, and collects recoveries from third parties who are legally responsible for paying all or part of medical expenditures for an organization that provides health insurance. The Subrogation Professional 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
Where you Come In
The Subrogation Professional 2 interact with attorneys and third-party insurance professionals to explore where there may be liability and negotiate and coordinate claim payments. Ensure Coordination of Benefits (COB) records for members who have other insurance coverage are up-to-date. Respond to subrogation inquiries regarding third-party liability policies and procedures. Career-Development position within field. Conducts tasks and assignments as directed. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
What Humana Offers
We are fortunate to offer a remote opportunity for this job. Our Fortune 100 Company values associate engagement & your well-being. We also provide excellent professional development & continued education.
Required Qualifications – What it takes to Succeed
- Minimum of one year Subrogation experience in healthcare and/or property and casualty with a proven record of maximizing financial recoveries
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office – ability to create forms, reports and documents in Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple time sensitive tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills and creative problem solving techniques
- Emotional intelligence to manage his/her own emotions and understand feelings of others
- Highly analytical and tech-savvy
- Excellent ability to interact with coworkers at all levels of the organization
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- High School Diploma, GED or job related certification
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual in English and Spanish – written and verbal
- Strong understanding of Humana’s systems and clinical processes
- Strong ethical standards
- Commitment to growth of self and others
Additional Information – How we Value You
- Benefits starting day 1 of employment
- Competitive 401k match
- Generous Paid Time Off accrual
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parent Leave
- Go365 perks for well-being
- Must have a separate room with a locked door that can be used as a home office to ensure you have absolute and continuous privacy while you work.
- Must have accessibility to high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite internet service is NOT allowed for this role); and recommended speed for optimal performance from Humana systems is 10M x 1M
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time. These requirements include access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m, and a dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes. Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the coronavirus situation evolves. The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and wellbeing during the hiring process.
Scheduled Weekly Hours