at Aveanna in Newark, Delaware, United States
Home Health – Location (Branch) Director
ApplyRefer a FriendBack
Newark, DE 19702
The Branch Director is responsible for the home health services rendered to the agency’s patients are in accordance with attending physician orders and plans of care and company standards and policies. His/her is a clinical leader and mentor to agency staff and works with staff to ensure that the highest quality of care is provided and the best patient quality and financial outcomes are achieved. The Branch Director works with the business development and clinical teams to meet or exceed the budget plan for the branch. The Branch Director is available at all times during operating hours (or appoints a similarly qualified alternate) and participates in all activities relevant to professional services furnished. His/her is responsible for organizing and directing agency services at the branch level through the coordination of all staff who directly report.
1. Current valid RN license for the state of DE.
2. Three to five years of experience in health care/home care, preferred.
3. One to two years’ experience in a supervisory position, preferred.
4. Current knowledge of State/Federal home health regulations and guidelines, preferred
5. Knowledge of Agency policies and procedures.
6. Ability to supervise, guide and develop skills and performance of service personnel.
7. Ability to exercise independent and prudent judgment.
8. Ability to work with individuals.
9. Ability to enlist cooperation of many people in furthering a program.
10. Ability to assist in evaluating personnel a minimum of one time per year.
11. Monitors probationary period for new employees.
12. Ability to deal effectively with high levels of stress.
1. Ensures compliance with federal, state, accrediting bodies, local and Agency policies in all patient care aspects of the Agency.
2. Works closely with Intake Coordinators to ensure all referrals are scheduled and coordinated in a timely manner.
3. Represents the agency positively to ensure that patient referrals that do not meet the criteria for home health care services are handled appropriately.
4. Ensures that the branch scheduling provides adequate and appropriate patient care, maximizes staff productivity and minimizes staffing and mileage costs.
5. Facilitates cost effectiveness of patient care by monitoring and collaborating with clinical and administrative staff and attempting to stay within the calculated reimbursement allotment.
6. Participates in developing standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective service to patients and families. Has joint responsibility with the Administrator for seeing that standards are met.
7. Participates in developing objectives for Agency and is responsible for seeing that objectives are implemented.
8. Consults with the Administrator to determine a staffing pattern which will accomplish stated objectives and promote maximum level of utilization of health personnel.
9. Is responsible for assisting in recruiting and hiring of qualified staff.
10. Is responsible for evaluating all direct reporting staff in accordance with their job description and terminating staff once appropriate procedure has been followed in collaboration with Human Resources.
11. Ensures that all staff supervision and co-visits are performed according to agency policy.
12. Participates in planning for the orientation of new employees with QI Director.
13. Displays a willingness to support the policies and procedures of the agency and uses appropriate channels for change of such policies.
14. Coordinates interdisciplinary team services by assuring ongoing assessment of patient/family needs and that an interdisciplinary team plan of care as applicable is implemented.
15. Provides individual or group support concerning job related stress or issues.
16. Serves as a role model and mentor by setting an example of high standards in dress, conduct, cooperation and job performance.
17. Ensures that all orders and documentation are completed accurately and timely to facilitate the billing process.
18. Monitors and oversees the MD order tracking function and works with administrative staff to facilitate timely receipt of physician orders and face to face documents.
19. Determines that medical records are complete and accurate, that confidentiality standards are adhered to and that medical records are handles at all times according to agency policy.
20. Ensures that daily and weekly monitoring of medical record software reports are monitored, accurate and deficiencies resolved in a timely manner.
21. Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
22. Accepts responsibility for regular attendance and punctuality fulfills job requirements without regard to time involved.
23. Serves as a resource person to employees.
24. Develops a cooperative relationship and communicates effectively and professionally with the physicians and other referral sources and community agencies.
25. Investigates and reports any problem relating to patient care or conditions which might harm the patient and/or employee well-being.
26. Immediately reports any accident, incident, lost articles or unusual occurrence to the Administrator.
27. Attends pertinent continuing education programs other than routine in-services and shares information with staff.
28. Works with Administrator in identifying budgetary requirements and determining appropriate use of allocations.
29. Monitors equipment for appropriate use and take steps to keep misuse to a minimum.
30. Participates in the development of indicators in collaboration with QI Director for appropriate data collection, aggregation and analysis, taking action and reporting results according to Agency’s PI plan.
31. Ensures 24 hour/day, seven (7) days/week on-call coverage.
32. Ensures that patients’ plans of care are developed, implemented and evaluated.
33. Conducts in-services, staff meetings and maintains documentation; may participate in community education projects.
34. Ensures that all necessary supplies and equipment are available.
35. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
STAFF WHO DIRECTLY REPORT:Field staff/ Branch administrative staff
RISK EXPOSURE:Low risk
Able to tolerate being physically active the entire working day.
Able to carry out fine motor and manual dexterity skills required to perform the job requirements.
Mental acuity and judgment skills to adequately and safely perform job requirements.
Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual needs of the job requirements.
No medical problems that could endanger self or others if such should occur while on the job.
Able to sit at a computer desk for an extended period of time.
I have read the above job description and fully understand the conditions set forth therein, and if employed as Clinical Director, I will perform these duties to the best of my knowledge and ability.