at CTG in Dover, Delaware, United States
Sr. Health Data Migration Engineer
Sep 13, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Job Title:Senior Health Data Migration Engineer
Location:Remote – USA
Duration: 12+ months
Education: Bachelors’ Degree
Pay Rate: $50-60/hour based on experience (W-2 tax basis only, no C2C)
Overview:Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM) as a Senior Health Data Migration Engineer.
Assess the current EHRM data migration requirements; maintain and update the strategy to meet the requirements. Review error and trace logs. Track messages by domain and reconcile table counts with Cerner. Review secure data message transmission logs. Track the number of records sent per message by domain. Monitor Queue Depth by service/process/operation. Track retry attempts and suspended messages. Validate and update data integration reports in support of VX130 data domains.
Review, update, and maintain Cerner to CDW, VistA, Millennium or Cloud Database data mappings for potential data migrations. Evaluate and integrate data from multiple sources, which requires data mapping from one data source to another minimizing any data loss. Document VistA Extraction and monitoring process and update existing documentation quarterly. Interpret Cerner’s Data model to be used for the construction of API’s, queries, and reports that will be consumed by internal or external applications.
Review Domain adds to Ensemble Production. Validate edits made to Domain record type, schema version, status, and payload size via the GUI Interface and Rule Builder. Validate Ensemble data flows built using VX130 ClassBuilder. Validate the load of Cache/IRIS Objects, SQL Tables or other storage structures
(Historical Pulls) in all regions/districts for classes in all environments with VistA or Data Syndication data.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of experience. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Be able to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained.
- Able to coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals and needs and ensure that all are adequately addressed.
- Experienced in introducing new hardware or software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks.
- Able to be cost conscience as well addressing goals.
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing EHR
- Experience with VA and DoD legacy health data, and private sector health data
- Experience with Extraction, Transformation, and Loading of data between systems
- Knowledge and experience handling VistA data
- No third party resumes will be accepted
- CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
- All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
- CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website or email your Word version resume and salary expectations toAmanda.Dianetti@ctg.com.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Application Management & Support
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No