at CTG in Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Senior Health Data Management Engineer
Sep 13, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
- Position :Senior Health Data Management Engineer
- Location: Remote
- Job type: Consultant ((W-2 tax basis only, no C2C)
- Duration: 12 Months
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM) as a Senior Health Data Management Engineer.
- Review system logs and determine corrective actions to achieve high system uptime.
- Perform Quality Control that checks data between the source VistA systems and the Shadow database elements – 131 sites in all.
- Monitor and validate backups complete.
- Monitor and validate Cache/IRIS Server Instances and Cache/IRIS Mirror Instances are operational.
- Validate Test, Development, Staging and Production Environments are operational.
- Validate High-Availability as part of the Disaster Recovery Strategy for the Databases.
- Review and recommend enhancements to the database capacity planning scripts.
- Review and recommend enhancement to database encryption and decryption procedures.
- Monitor Cache/IRIS Server Error Logs and check e-mail alerts.
- Support troubleshooting incidents and monitor through resolution.
- Document database configurations.
- Analyze change requests, determine the impact of changes, test and validate changes, and document changes.
- Review performance tuning scripts and provide recommendations for performance optimization.
- Review the setup of Special Mirror systems to CacheFDW, the central Mirror base.
- Validate the copying of Journal Files from CACHEFDW/CACHEVX130 daily so that system maybe be restored to several days behind.
- Examine LOG Files and monitor on a regular basis, (at least 2x/day) for errors and warnings.
- Validate and Monitor STORAGE, Databases, and Journal Files for unusual activity.
- Review and validate VX130 Application monitoring procedures; and provide recommendations for enhancements.
- Validate and monitor VistA shadows are up-to-date and keeping up with all transactions.
- Validate and monitor JournalReaders are running and adding entries to DataFiler Queue.
- Validate and monitor DataFiler is keeping up with data being added to the DataFiler Queue by JournalReader.
- Validate and monitor the number of records being added to VX130 datastore in FDW Databases are increasing at a normal rate.
- Validate and monitor mirrored databases are running and transactions are current with each database.
- Validate and monitor Ensemble is moving records to HealtheIntent with no anomalies and/or errors. Develop documentation for each Cache/IRIS Class assigned and built that includes the project summary, the VX130 Data Domain, and a list of the VistA files and fields contained in the class.
- Update documentation for Ensemble Services, Processes and Operations. Document database restoration processes in support of Disaster Recovery. Update the Disaster Recovery Technical Guide and User Guide.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Be able to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained.
- Able to coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals and needs and ensure that all are adequately addressed.
- Experienced in introducing new hardware or software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks.
- Able to be cost conscience as well addressing goals.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing EHR
- Experience with VA and DoD legacy health data, private sector health data
- Experience with enterprise network concepts (MPLS, prioritization, segmentation, load balancing, segmentation, continuity of operations)
- Experience with scalability analysis and modeling
- Experience with VistA, Cache, IRIS, and Ensemble
- Experience with system (end-to-end) performance assessment and optimization
•No third party resumes will be accepted
•CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
•Drug testing and/or other employment-related inquiries may be conducted
•All interested individuals MUST be able to work on a W2 Tax basis (no C2C or third party vendors)!
•Candidates must currently reside in USA or Canada
•CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
•CTG is an E-Verify Company
To be considered for this opportunity, please apply directly through our website or email your Word version resume and salary expectations to Michele.Williams@ctg.com.
CTG is a leading provider of digital transformation solutions and services that accelerate clients’ project momentum and achievement of their desired IT and business outcomes. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for digital and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India. For more information, visit www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It’s a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
- Job Function: Database Management
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Work Remote: Yes
- Travel: No