at Facebook in Dover, Delaware, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Enterprise Engineering (EE), Facebook’s internal IT organization is looking for an experienced, self-driven Vendor Program Manager who will be accountable for leading the vendor strategy and relationships with IT Hardware vendors. This role requires someone with hands-on experience in developing vendor strategy for the hardware category (server, storage, network etc.), negotiations and managing a holistic relationship with a wide array of vendors in this space.This role is expected to drive value for EE through vendor relationships (e.g. cost leverage, performance improvements, innovation, escalation management) and extensive cross-functional collaboration to implement vendor related initiatives.
1. End-to-end ownership of non-operational (e.g. financial, risk, relationship, performance escalations, compliance, vendor driven innovation) management of top tier vendors within enterprise hardware categories
2. Uplevel existing vendor relationships to ensure alignment on strategic goals between EE and vendor organization
3. Establish governance cadence and ensure leadership connects drive towards enhancing value for EE from vendor relationships
4. Build a trusted advisor relationship with EE business teams that leverage vendors to perform core functions
5. Lead and influence vendor selection decisions (e.g. RFPs), pricing models, and negotiations to further mature EE’s vendor landscape and engagements
6. Develop and execute EE level performance scorecards for top tier vendors to drive continuous improvements and ensure vendor decisions/strategy aligns with vendor’s performance track record
7. 7+ years experience managing relationships with large Enterprise IT Hardware OEMs and VARs
8. 5+ years of enterprise technology procurement and contract negotiations experience with OEMs (e.g. Dell, Cisco, Juniper) for enterprise-grade server, rack and network hardware
9. Experience working in a fast paced environment and in a role that requires influencing across different levels in the organization (internal and vendors)
10. Experience developing long term VAR strategy
11. Proven knowledge of key contract language and terms and proven understanding of structuring and drafting various contracts including MSA, MPA, maintenance agreements and Service orders
12. IT team leadership experience
13. BA or BS degree in Computer Science or Electronics or Supply Chain field
14. Deep understanding of vendor landscape, and vendor’s profitability levers, operating model, account management practices and product roadmapping process
15. Technology contract analysis and negotiations experience
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.