at Johnny Janosik, Inc in Laurel, Delaware, United States
- This position is responsible for product movement, properly identifying, and tagging all furniture both efficiently and accurately.
- It is also important to note that this position is company-wide and will encompass not only the warehouse locations, but all showrooms in all locations.
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for properly researching and tagging opened and unopened product for the purpose of maintaining inventory accuracy while correcting all variances.
- Report quality variances of patterns of error directly to warehouse management
- Check emails in a timely manner and respond to any requests made such as, verifying returned product, removing serial numbers from invoices, miss-tagged or missing product on the showroom floors, etc.
- Properly use the hand held scanner and FACS computer system to process all merchandise.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe and clean condition.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDA standards.
- Assist managers during truck check-in at the Return Lane location for the purposes of accuracy in both our inventory system and customers' accounts.
- Communicate with all levels of employees from Customer Care, Management, Floor Crew,
- Purchasing, Shipping, Receiving, CPU, etc. for the purpose of addressing various levels of inventory accountability.
- Responsible for running daily, weekly, and monthly reports to reconcile and identify any and all variances.
- Responsible for participating in the necessary cycle counting of all products in both the showrooms and warehouses.
- Must be able to work at heights of up to 40 feet.
- Must be able to pass a Lift Operator course.
- Ability to lift heavy furniture up to 500 lbs safely and with assistance while moving merchandise in various positions without causing damage to merchandise or property.
- Communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking in the English language.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time and maneuver effectively around warehouse and warehouse property.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, squat, reach, and/or twist frequently.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment which is subject to temperature changes not easily controlled by heating or air conditioning.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.