at Breakthru Beverage Group in New Castle, Delaware, United States
A Field Sales Manager achieves sales volume and distribution objectives of the company and supplier by managing and coaching a team of sales representatives to make their standards of performance goals through proper planning, organization, training and execution.Responsibilities
- Pre-plans prior to the beginning of each sales period by holding a one on one meeting with each representative, strategizing on how best to achieve goals and objectives, and when applicable, helping representatives define target accounts.
- Conducts effective one on one weekly sales meetings with sales representatives by communicating sales objectives and programs, identifying opportunities, reviewing performance against goals, and guiding team members on how to close gaps.
- Develops and reviews performance enhancement plans for each sales representative by maintaining training files, conducting evaluations, monitoring 90 day evaluations on new hires, performing coaching calls, filling out MBOs and following up on progress as needed.
- Addresses any skill deficiencies of sales representatives by developing customized coaching plans, tracking progress and recording improvement against them.
- Demonstrates strong customer orientation by maintaining relationships with key accounts, identifying account opportunities, performing customer business reviews, developing opening orders with new accounts, selling-in resets of stores, managing open territories and resolving customer complaints.
- Participates in the associate interview and selection process by working with human resources to source candidates, schedule interviews, conduct interviews, and manage the on-boarding process.
- Manages supplier surveys by planning routes, pre-surveying accounts, conducting survey with supplier, recapping the survey and scheduling sales representatives as needed.
- Coordinates supplier ride-withs by collaborating with Business Managers in the scheduling of sales representatives.
- Resolves customer issues by following appropriate administrative processes and company policies and escalating issues to management as appropriate.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management. (e.g. WSSM, TOPS, FOCUS MARKETING, SFA).
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The Field Sales Manager supervises those Sales Representatives on his/her team.